At St. Barnabas we celebrate Holy Eucharist each Sunday morning and also observe major feast days in the liturgical year. On Sunday mornings we have two services; Rite I (traditional language) and Rite II (contemporary language).
“Sacraments are outward and visible signs of inward and spiritual grace” (Book of Common Prayer p. 857)
The Episcopal church recognizes two main sacraments, Baptism and Eucharist (Holy Communion). We also recognize five other sacraments that are markers in our journey of faith. These include:
- Matrimony (Christian marriage)
- Unction (anointing with oil those who are sick or dying)
- Confirmation (the adult affirmation of our baptismal vows)
- Reconciliation of a Penitent (private confession)
- Holy orders (ordination to deacon, priest, or bishop)